This year’s open house will be different than previous year so keep groups smaller and social distance. We will be doing a walking tour which will include three stops. You can choice to go to learn about our greenhouses, listen to UW Speakers or tour our field production. Please plan to join us at the Lelah Starks Foundation Seed Potato Farm 7749 CTH K Rhinelander, WI (about 7 miles west of town on County Highway K) to have a look around and see what’s new. After the tour is complete, we will be serving lunch and beverage along with recognizing Keith Heinzen for his year of service since he has retired.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 10:30 am – Welcome and Orientation of Events Alex Crockford – Program Director
- 10:40 am – Dr. Gevens Vegetable Pathology Update and Dr. Rioux Update by Students
- 11:00 am – Dr. Groves Vegetable Entomology Update
- 11:15 am – Dr. Endelman Potato Breeding Update
- 11:30 am – Walking Tour: Three Options. Every stop will be done three times so all guests can see each presentation.
- Speakers Under Tent
- Field Tour
- 12:30 pm – Gather Under Tent for Lunch and Refreshments
Special Thanks: We extend a special “Thank you” to Case IH and Beaver Machine for supplying several tractors and implements over the past years. Additionally, we would like to thank New Holland and Swiderski Equipment Inc. for suppling a tractor for the past years.
As of May 27, UW-Madison COVID-19 policies for outdoor events do not require face coverings for fully vaccinated individuals; unvaccinated individuals are encouraged to maintain six feet of physical distance or wear a face covering (https://news.wisc.edu/ covid-19-policy-changes-events-face-coverings-outdoor-physical-distancing/).